There is a silent epidemic that is changing the face of our future. For children, teens and young adults the reality of media interwoven into everyday life is their first language-but what happens when it all goes wrong?
For the majority of our nation's youth, they will not reach 11 years old before being exposed to sexually explicit hardcore and often violent pornography while on the internet-something many of them carry in their back pocket.
What does this exposure really do to them?
- The truth is that media is the first language of the next generation.
- The truth is that children and teens spend more time on the various forms of media than anything else.
- The truth is that media misuse is the gateway to exposure of explicit material and potential victimization.
- The truth is that exposure to pornography affects a person's brain similar to drugs.
- The truth is that media misuse and pornography damage a person's relationships and their view of human life.
- The truth is that pornography negatively impacts society at large and contributes to world-wide human exploitation.
We're all just one click away.